• Electrical Outlet: Single Phase 220 — 230 VAC, 50/60Hz, 6 A
• Familiarization of absorption refrigeration system and its main components.
• Demonstrate the working principles of absorption refrigeration systems.
• Absorption refrigeration system operation with electric heater.
• Absorption refrigeration system operation with gas flame.
(1) All manuals are written in English
(2) Model Answer
(3) Teaching Manuals
GOTT-ARTS.V05 is designed to familiarize the students with the principles of Refrigeration absorption systems in use today. Typically absorption systems are used in applications that require lower power usage such as refrigeration in recreational vehicles. They are also useful in remote locations far away from the common availability of electricity and can be easily adapted to LPG, kerosene and solar power. Larger systems are also suited for industrial use. The trainer features a dual power source of LPG and electricity. The heat generated by these sources makes ammonia evaporate from a water/ammonia solution. The ammonia vapour rises and condenses into a liquid by flowing, through a finned heat exchanger. The water is separated off and returns to the absorber. The ammonia then falls to the condensor whereby it boils (due to the lower pressure in the evaporator) and vaporizes thereby absorbing heat which cools the refrigerator. The vapour then falls back to the absorber vessel and is reabsorbed by the water solution and the cycle repeats.
• Components are clearly laid out and mounted on to a mobile stand or bench top frame type that incorporates a work surface
• Dual energy source is provided which includes both electrical and an LPG source includes the burner and regulator
• LPG tank needs to be provided locally due to shipping regulations and variations of tank/fitting standards in different countries.
• For the electrical source, the trainer features a step down transformer to convert the main AC into 12 VDC used to power the electric heater.
• The absorption circuit diagram is silk screened onto the trainer
• Temperature gauge monitors the cooling effect
• Courseware is included with student job sheets.