• Vessel wall inside diameter: 0152.4mm
• Vessel wall outside diameter: 0154.2m
• Coil tube outside diameter: 06.3mm
• Coil tube bore diameter: 04.9mm
• Effective length of coil tube: 1150mm
• To demonstrate indirect heating or cooling by transfer of heat from one fluid stream to another when separated by a solid wall (fluid to fluid heat transfer)
• To investigate the heating characteristics of a stirred vessel containing a fixed batch of liquid when heated using hot fluid circulating through a submerged coil.
• To investigate the heating characteristics of a stirred vessel containing a fixed batch of liquid when heated using hot fluid circulating through an outer jacket
• To investigate the change in overall heat transfer coefficient and logarithmic mean temperature difference as a batch of fluid in the vessel changes temperature.
• To perform an energy balance, calculate the overall efficiency and determine the overall heat transfer coefficient for a continuous flow in a stirred vessel when heated using a submerged coil.
• To investigate the effect of stirring on the hem transfer characteristics of a stirred vessel.
(1) All manuals are written in English.
(2) Model Answer
(3) Teaching Manuals
GOTT-HEXT-04 is an optional item that work with Heat Exchanger base unit. The Jacketed vessel with coil and stirrer is mounted on the base unit. The Jacketed vessel with coil and stirrer consists of a glass cylinder with annular jacket. Threaded hose connectors allow the jacket to be filled with hot fluid for indirect heating of the vessel contents. Alternatively, a glass coil submerged beneath the contents of the vessel may be used to indirectly heat the contents by passing hot fluid through the coil. An adjustable overflow tube allows the level of the contents of the vessel to be controlled. The vessel contents may be operated in 'Fixed Batch' mode or 'Flow Process' mode. A height-adjustable thermocouple allows the temperature to be measured at any depth in the fluid batch and is connected to the panel indicator. Flexible hoses allow the hot and cold streams from the base unit to be coupled to the jacket, the coil and the vessel. The Cold connections are made during installation and need not be disturbed during experiments.
• Optional Item for Heat Exchanger Base Unit
• High quality industrially accepted component
• Bold color identification of circuits
• Detailed instruction & experiment manual