• Plate Material: Stainless steel
• Plate Overall dimensions: 0.072m x 0.189m
• Number of plates: 4 per heat exchanger
• Total Heat Transfer Area: 48000mm'
• Industry standard Plate Heat Exchangers
• To demonstrate indirect heating or cooling by transfer of heat from one fluid stream to another when separated by a solid wall (fluid to fluid heat transfer)
• To perform an energy balance across a sheel and tube heat exchanger and calculate the overall efficiency at different fluid flow rates
• To demonstrate the differences between countercurrent flow (flows in opposing directions) and cocurrent flows (flows in the same direction) and the effect on heat transferred, temperature efficiencies and temperature profiles through a shell and tube heat exchanger
• To determine the overall heat transfer coefficient for a shell and tube heat exchanger using the logarithmic mean temperature difference to perform the calculations (for counter-current and co-current flows).
• To investigate the effect of changes in hot fluid and cold fluid flow rate on the temperature efficiencies and overall heat transfer coefficient.
• To investigate the effect of driving force (difference between hot stream and cold stream temperature) with counter-current and co-current flow.
(1) All manuals are written in English.
(2) Model Answer
(3) Teaching Manuals
GOTT-HEXT-06 is an optional item that works with Heat Exchanger base unit . The Extended plate Heat Exchanger is mounted on the base unit. The Extended Plate Heat exchanger is very similar to the GOTT-HEXT-PH Plate Heat Exchanger except consists of two 4-plate brazed plate heat exchangers are supplied to create the "extended version". The second plate heat exchanger is mounted on clips attached to the base of the panel and connected using similar self sealing couplings to the standard heat exchanger. The 'Hot side' side self-sealing male plugs are on the left and the told side sockets on the right.
• Optional Item for Heat Exchanger Base Unit
• High quality industrially accepted component
• Bold color identification of circuits
• Detailed instruction & experiment manual