• Core Material: Copper
• External Diameter: 09.5mm
• Internal Diameter: 07.9mm
• length: 3 x 350mm
• Outer Tube Material: Copper
• External Diameter: 012.7mm
• Internal Diameter: 011.1mm
• Determination of heat transfer rate, logarithmic mean temperature difference, overall heat transfer coefficient and 4 point hot and cold stream temperature profiles
• Determination of surface heat transfer coefficient inside and outside the tube, and of the effect of fluid velocity.
• Comparison of performance in concurrent and in counter-current flow.
• Investigation of the relationship between Nusselt (Nu), Reynolds (Re) and Prandtl (Pr) Numbers for Reynolds Numbers up to 65030 and for Prandtl Numbers between 2.5 and 5.0.
• Determination of the constants in Nu = k Rea Prb.
(1) All manuals are written in English.
(2) Model Answer
(3) Teaching Manuals
GOTT-HEXT-07 is an optional item that work with Heat Exchanger base unit. The Water Turbulent Flow heat exchanger is mounted on the base unit. This is a highly advanced concentric tube heat exchanger with hot water flowing through the central tube while cooling water flows through the annular space. The heat exchanger has been divided into three equal sections in order to allow examination of the intermediate stream temperature conditions and temperature distribution through the heat exchanger. Thermocouples sense the hot and cold stream temperatures at the four stations and the inner tube wall temperatures on entry and exit. The addition of the central tube surface temperatures at inlet and exit allow detailed investigation of the surface heat transfer coefficient inside and outside the central tube. The unit incorporates an extended range flowmeter in order to allow investigation of low and high range Reynolds numbers. The ND temperature control on the base unit allows investigation of turbulent flow conditions at a range of fixed Prandtl numbers. Investigations using these two methods of control allow students to experimentally determine the constants in one of the classic empirical equations for turbulent heat transfer in a tube.
• Optional Item for Heat Exchanger Base Unit
• High quality industrially accepted component
• Bold color identification of circuits
• Detailed instruction & experiment manual