• Inner Tube Material: Copper
• Inner Tube Outside Diameter: 021.4mm
• Inner Tube Wall Thickness: 1mm
• Outer Tube Material: Steel
• Outer Tube Inside Diameter: 019.4mm
• Outer Tube Wall Thickness: 1mm
• Active Heat Transfer Section: 1610 (0 mm x 108000mm2
• To demonstrate indirect heating or cooling by transfer of heat from one fluid stream to another when separated by a solid wall (fluid to fluid heat transfer)
• To perform an energy balance across a contentric tube heat exchanger and calculate the overall efficiency at different fluid flow rates
• To demonstrate the differences between countercurrent flow (flows in opposing directions) and cocurrent flows (flows in the same direction) and the effect on heat transferred, temperature efficiencies and temperature profiles through a concentric tubes heat exchanger
• To determine the overall heat transfer coefficient for a concentric tubes heat exchanger using the logarithmic mean temperature difference to perform the calculations (for counter-current and co-current flows).
• To investigate the effect of changes in hot fluid and cold fluid flow rate on the temperature efficiencies and overall heat transfer coefficient.
• To investigate the effect of driving force (difference between hot stream and cold stream temperature) with counter-current and co-current flow.
(1) All manuals are written in English.
(2) Model Answer
(3) Teaching Manuals
GOTT-HExT-08 is an optional item that work with Heat Exchanger base unit. The Coiled Concentric tube heat exchanger is mounted on the base unit. In normal operation, hot water from the heating tank and pump passes through the 'HOT OUT' braided hose and self-sealing coupling into the inner tube. It then flows through the heat exchanger and leaves. Cold water flows from the 'COLD OUT' hose through the annulus between the larger outer tube and the smaller inner tube. With the hot water in the inner tube, losses from the system to the outside are minimised while still allowing students to see the construction of the unit. As the cold stream warms above the ambient temperature however there will be some external losses. The hot hose terminates with a socket and the cold hose a plug to prevent cross-connection. Flow direction may be arranged for co-current (parallel) or counter-current (opposite direction) of the Hot/Cold streams. Self-sealing couplings retain the water in both the hoses and the heat exchangers. Changeover may be performed without stopping the pump or cold flow, but operators should wear gloves for protection from hot surfaces. Reversing the cold flow direction is the only recommended option.
• Optional Item for Heat Exchanger Base Unit
• High quality industrially accepted component
• Bold color identification of circuits
• Detailed instruction & experiment manual