• Condenser: 90(L) x 012.7mm
• Surface Area: 3700mm2
• Internal Diameter of Chamber: 076mm
• Normal Water Capacity: 0.5 litre
• Surface Area of Heating Element: 14400mm2
• 3 KW Heater
• Pressure switch setting: S...10kN/m2
• Pressure Relief Valve setting: 10...15kN/m2
• Visual demonstration of Filmwise and dropwise condensation, and of nucleate boiling.
• Measurement of heat flux and surface heat transfer coefficient in both Filmwise and dropwise condensation at pressures up to atmospheric
• Demonstration of the effect of air in condensers
• Investigation of the effect of air in condensers
• Investigation of the saturation pressure/temperature relationship for H2O between about 20°C and 100°C.
• Demonstration of Daltons Law of Partial Pressures
(1) All manuals are written in English.
(2) Model Answer
(3) Teaching Manuals
GOTT-HEXT-10 is an optional item that work with Heat Exchanger base unit. The Film and Dropwise Condensation is mounted on the base unit. The Film and Dropwise Condensation consists of a vertical, thick walled glass cylinder steam chamber is fitted with plated brass cover plates. The lower plate carries an electric heating element which converts water to steam at a rate which is determined by the electrical power input. This steam flows upwards to the Dropwise and Filmwise condensers where it is condensed by transferring heat to the cooling water, and the condensate returns to the lower end of the vessel for re-evaporation. Three steam baffles are fitted in the chamber to reduce the amount of splashing which results from the vigorous boiling. A thermocouple is located in the base of the chamber to record both the steam and saturated water temperature. The chamber pressure is limited by two methods for operator safety.
• Optional Item for Heat Exchanger Base Unit
• High quality industrially accepted component
• Bold color identification of circuits
• Detailed instruction & experiment manual