Course Content for SIEMEN S7 - 300/400 PLC / OMROM CQM
• The hardware architecture of the S7 & OMROM CQM range of controllers.
• I/O Modules and wiring.
• Addresses used in the S7 & OMROM CQM range of controllers.
• Data Formats.
• Data blocks.
• Program structure, introduction to blocks; OB's, FC's FB's , SFC's, SFB's and B's.
• Introduction to LAD, FDB and STL programming formats.
• Introduction to Project Structure.
• First steps with the program.
• Hardware Configuration.
• Downloading projects to the PLC.
• Creating an online connection.
• Online monitoring and the cross-reference XRF.
• Programming using LAD, FDB and STL.
• Editing and modifying programs. Instruction set. Relay, maths, move, compare and logic functions.
• Using and creating program documentation.
• Copying and backing up folders.
• Introduction to function blocks and their uses.
• Using the symbols list.
• Advanced functions. Load, transfer, maths and compares
COURSE CONTENT FOR SIEMEN S7 - 300/400 PLC / OMROM CQM
• Analogue modules and analogue scaling.
• Diagnostic information and module information used for fault finding.
• Data monitoring and modifying variables.
• Forcing facilities.
• Archiving and retrieving projects.
• Application exercises on your plant programs.
SYLLABUS OF LABORATORY EXERCISES
• Introduction into Concept programming and simulation program, traffic light, annunciator, car park, lift, drinks machine, parking line, bottling plant.
(1) All manuals are written in English
(2) Model Answer
(3) Teaching Manuals
GOTT - PTS – M08 is a fully functional ladder logic design and PLC simulation software program that incorporates the basic functions used in PLC ladder programming. GOTT - PTS – M08 utilises your existing PCs' turning them into virtual PLCs. GOTT - PTS – M08 includes a visual editing environment for graphical programming. A simple 'drag and drop' method is used to add functions to the ladder rung, and comments can be added to each rung for documentation purposes.
GOTT - PTS – M08 functions include inputs, outputs, timers, counters, flags and shift registers. An interactive debugger is included allowing the program to be fully tested before being used to control a specific application. GOTT - PTS – M08 incorporates eight internal simulations; Annunciator, Traffic Light, Car Park, Elevator, Drinks Machine, Packing Line, Bottling Plant, based on real-world automated systems. Each simulation is designed to aid and test the student's knowledge of programming in ladder logic. GOTT - PTS – M08 also has the ability to be connected to external devices through a suitable interface. A simulation is included of the Bytronic Industrial Control Trainer allowing students to develop the skills required to control an actual device. The student then moves on to control the Industrial Control Trainer through the real I/O capabilities of GOTT - PTS – M08. The internal simulations can also be controlled from a PLC, providing the student with the opportunity safely to test their subsequent PLC programming skills. The courseware begins with a general introduction to PLCs, the various programming methods available and the fundamentals of ladder logic programming. Students are introduced to the functions of GOTT - PTS – M08 and are then given the task of developing programs to monitor and control each of the simulations.