Made in Switzerland
The EXPLOMET-FO-2000 measures
- VOD of all explosives, detonating cords, propellants and pyrotechnics
- Under confinement,VOD in a metal tube or in a blasthole
- Continuous VOD with up to 6 probes
- Time intervals on explosives of various forms
- Delay of non electric detonators (Shock Tube detonators)
- Delay of electric detonators together with the DETOMET™ instrument
MEASURING METHOD AND PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The EXPLOMET-FO-2000™ has 5 independent timers measuring the time inter-
vals between the illumination of 6 optical probes. One of the probes starts all the
timers. Then every triggered probe stops its timer. Results are displayed instantly.
The Explomet operates in one of the following modes:
- Velocity and Time: The probes must be illuminated in ascending order, ie P1,
P2, P3, P4, P5 and P6. The EXPLOMET™ measures the time intervals between
the illumination of two consecutive probes and calculates the Velocity Of Deto-
- Time only: The probes are illuminated randomly. The EXPLOMET™ measures
the time intervals between the illumination of the first and the second probe,
then between the second and the third probe, and so on until all time intervals
have been measured.
Menu driven operation on an easy to read 4 lines display.
Save up to 100 results in the internal memory.
Transfer the results to a Window-PC via the RS-232 serial interface and read them
with a spreadsheet program.
Reliable technology in a robust anodized aluminum case.
Fiber optic probes provide perfect immunity against electromagnetic noise.
Time measurement: +/- 0.1 microsecond.
Distance between the EXPLOMET-FO-2000™ and the blasting site up to 200 m.
EASY VOD MEASURE
Basic familiarity with explosive handling is sufficient to operate the EXPLOMET-
The use of optical probes permits detonating velocity measurement on very short
Fast setup, the user only has to plug the optical probes in the explosive cartridge.
Each measure destroys only approximately 20cm of optical probe.
Can be adapted to any existing site (with fixed cables).
Only 5kg with all attachments in a rugged case for easy transportation to the
Operates on batteries
Over 40 hours autonomy, rechargeable with AC/DC adapter/charger.
Includes: With 6x14 prepared FO-probes, transfer to cable to PC, WinExplomet, solid transport case, and AC/DC Adapter charger for 230V.
1. Kit to prepare the probes: 1 polishing kit, 20 optical connectors with crimp ring, 2 bulkheads feed through, 1 crimp and cutting tool and easy procedure description, 1 length measuring meter, 1 flash lamp
2. 50m: 6 channels Surface cable
Option The following products are consumable items:
3. EasyProbe™ with blast hole cable, for VOD in the hole (select 3 Units)
4. 300m of optical fiber cable