- Simultaneous multichannel measurement
- All-in-one instrument for measuring SDH/SONET, PDH/DSn, OTN, Jitter performance
- Supports EoS (GFP, VCAT, LCAS, Differential Delay) measurements
- Supports 10/100/1000 M, Gigabit, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet measurements
- High accuracy jitter measurement
The Network Performance Tester MP1590B is capable of measuring IP networks up to 10 G Ethernet using the Ethernet plug-in modules of the MD1230B test system, as well as traditional functions including testing of PDH, DSn, SDH/SONET, and OTN equipment and jitter measurement, with only one box. A new EoS unit supports Ethernet over SDH/SONET measurement, virtual concatenation, and LCAS measurement to enable testing of next-generation SDH/SONET equipment. The MP1590B can perform simultaneous applications -- such as SDH/SONET, OTN, EoS, jitter, and Ethernet measurement -- using combinations of plug-in units.
The new MP1590B-17 or MU159101A-17 Traffic Impairment Emulator option is a unique all-in-one solution that provides network impairment emulation and performance measurement for carriers and network equipment vendors offering real-time applications such as IP-TV and VoIP. It enables the MP1590B to emulate network faults such as packet loss, error/packet overwrite, transmission delay, and packet jitter for both 10/100/1000 M and Gigabit Ethernet.
The MP1590B-30 High Precision Jitter Analysis option introduces new accuracy for jitter measurements and a traceable calibration standard that have never before been available in the industry.
- Supports 1.5 Mbps to 10.7 Gbps interfaces with only one unit
- Full Ethernet and IP analysis for multi-port 10 M/100 M, 1 G, and 10 G Ethernet with simultaneous SDH/SONET, OTN analysis
- Performs ITU-T G.709 OTN measurements for both OTU-1 (2.66 Gbps) and OTU-2 (10.71 Gbps) rates
- Poisson error insertion capability enables correct FEC function evaluation
- Traditional and arbitrary concatenation mapping
- Support for both SONET and SDH framing as well as "No Frame" patterns
- SONET/SDH overhead setting and monitoring
- Error analysis measurements conforming to ITU-T G.821/G.826/G.828/G.829, M.2100/M.2101/M.2110/M.2120 and GR-820
- Jitter generation and measurement for SONET (OC-1 to OC-192), SDH (STM-0 to STM-64), OTN (OTU1 and OTU2), and 10 G Ethernet (10.3 Gbps) per ITU-T standards
- Optical performance testing for SONET (OC-1 to OC-192), SDH (STM-0 to STM-64) and OTN (OTU1 and OTU2)
- Electrical performance testing for DS1/DS3, E1/2/3/4, STS-1/3/192, STM-0/1/64, and OTN/OTU2
- Through mode operation for all SONET/SDH, OTN, DSn, and PDH rates
- Divide-by-16 clock or frame synchronization output signal for external sampling oscilloscope
- External optical input function enables user-provided input wavelengths