The Planar 804/1 VNA is an 8 GHz, 2-port instrument, capable of 145 dB dynamic range and designed for operation with any Windows PC or laptop. The free, lightweight VNA application connects to the 804 with a standard USB cable, creating a future-proof solution that significantly enhances ease of use compared with conventional instruments.
The 804 provides a wide variety of analysis capabilities, including time-domain with gating and frequency offset modes, at no additional cost. Collection of metrology-grade S-parameter test results can be achieved manually or through automation in Python, MATLAB, Excel, C++, VB.NET, or LabVIEW.
- Frequency range: 100 kHz to 8.0 GHz
- Measured parameters: S11, S21, S12, S22
- Sweep types: Linear frequency, log frequency, segment, power sweep
- Dynamic range: 145 dB (1 Hz)
- Measurement speed: 100 µs per point at 100 dB dynamic range
- Output power adjustment range: -60 dBm to +10 dBm
- Up to 500,001 measurement points per sweep
Applications of the Planar 804/1 include RF component design and testing, on-wafer probing, field testing, insertion loss measurement, distance to fault measurement, antenna matching, quality control, material measurements, and many others. Curious to see what other users think of this device?