The highly compact S5048 VNA is a 4.8 GHz, 2-port instrument, capable of 120 dB dynamic range and designed for operation with any Windows PC or laptop. Thanks to its unmatched portability, S5048 can be shared easily within a team or brought to test sites. The free, lightweight VNA application connects to the S5048 with a standard USB cable, creating a future-proof solution that significantly enhances ease of use compared with conventional instruments.
The S5048 provides a wide variety of analysis capabilities, including time-domain with gating and frequency offset modes, at no additional cost. Collection of metrology-grade S-parameter test results can be achieved manually or through automation in Python, MATLAB, Excel, C++, VB.NET, or LabVIEW.
- Frequency range: 20 kHz to 4.8 GHz
- Measured parameters: S11, S21, S12, S22
- Sweep types: Linear frequency, log frequency, segment, power sweep
- Dynamic range: 120 dB (10 Hz)
- Measurement speed: 250 µs per point at 85 dB dynamic range
- Output power adjustment range: -50 dBm to +5 dBm
- Up to 200,001 measurement points per sweep
Applications of the S5048 include RF component design and testing, on-wafer probing, field testing, insertion loss measurement, distance to fault measurement, antenna matching, quality control, material measurements, and many others. Curious to see what other users think of this device?
- S5048 Installer
(v3.50; Aug. 5, 2015)
- S5048 Simulator/Demo
((v3.50; Aug. 5, 2015)
- S5048 Software Release Notes